Re: getting high voltage from the high voltage lines? (fwd)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> > 14,400V at nearly 10,000A ( hell who knows maybe even more) is a hazard
> > the power Co. doesnt want to be liable for.
>
>     "But we know exactly what we are doing! We promise we won't short the
> two lines together, and if it makes you feel better you can limit the
> current to 5kA with a big fuse. Please, can we have the power feed,
> please??? We won't even pull that much current most of the time. Look,
we'd
> even be happy to climb up there and run our own feed..."
>
> db

Yeah, good luck.  Getting the power company to install legitimate 3 Phase
power to your home is difficult enough.  My friend recently did this and it
too about 6 months to get all the paper work , inspection, etc. . . For the
power company won't even come out unless this is all done and your electric
panels are installed etc....

Dan