RE: Cleaned Up MOT Stack

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ellis_p-at-picknowl-dot-com.au>

Hi Greg, All,

I am building a 6 mot coil.  I plan to limit the current in the same way
as Greg's 4 mot system.

I am want to use a 15amp power point (240v) and want to limit the coil
psu to 3200 watts so I have room for a motor or vacuum etc.

I am not sure on the maths to work this one out so some help would be
appreciated.

I have 8 mot caps rated at 0.13 uF.  I was thinking of recreating Greg's
design and then adding another stage of 2 mots.

How many caps do I need and am I likely to blow something or myself up?

Actually I have just spoken to my dad and he pointed out that my
electric oven has its own fuse and is likely to be rated at 30amps
(240v)  So woohoo!  I think I might attach a socket or two to the oven!.
Will I still need the mot caps?

regards

Justin