Re: Motorized Variac question . . .

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> Another thing to think on:
> Assume the system is up and running.
> Assume the 12vdc supply fails.
> Is there a way to render safe the system with
> not 12v supply?
> (A manual variac can ALWAYS be spun down.  An motorized
> one...)
>
> best
> dwp

Yes, my power controller has the following:

1.  Safety Key Switch
2.  Front Panel E-STOP
3.  Disable Button (Turns power contactor on/off)
4.  External E-STOP / Interlock circuit
5.  Supply Voltage monitoring (if any control voltages are lost, the main
contactor opens)

Anyone one of these will shutdown the system.  Oh yeah, you could pull the
plug also.

Dan