Re: shorted primary turns = bigger sparks strangeness

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

way out of proportion coil seems to work now, and better than with the
shorted out turn in the primary coil. I'm still not sure what caused that to
make things run better in the first place. I replaced all wiring and it was
normal again.

below is a link to a 10MB mpeg1 video and some stills. Anybody can play this
video, mac or pc without stupid software or nonsense codecs.

The coil uses two 15kV 30mA transformers, a bridge rectifier and an
approximately 0.04uF
capacitor. The spark gap is a variable speed and run from a PWM controller.
It has only crashed once when alligator leads fell off a terminal. I run
several computers less than 8 feet away and they are run fine. The plan is
to replace the long strange secondary with a shorter 6" one. The current
secondary is 4.5" PVC with 32" of 20 guage edge wound magnet wire. The
primary is 0.25" thick buss bar wound with 0.25" spacing with an ID of 9.5"
and OF of 13"

http://www.energybeam-dot-com/tesla-coil/09-15-2002/

KEN