Re: GE 42L series caps Good - GOOD ! ! ! ! !

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ajones18-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

>Yes. I have been using the 42L, 0.33uF -at-  2000 VDC.
>These are the Hosfelt , GE 42L 3332. I bot 150 of them
>that I put into two mmcs, 2 strings of 15 caps each for
>0.022uF -at- 30,000VDC.  So I have a safety margin of
>8790 VDC. They have performed excellently altho I have
>smoked a few. On post-mortem I see aluminum foil and
>polyprop film. The six that I have blown have all blown at the same
>end.

>The new CD catalog and the new Newark catalog no longer  show the
>42L. The older catalogs say the 42Ls are metalized polypropylene
>film. I think that's ambiguous but my post mortem    shows aluminum
>foil.

>Happy day,
>Ralph Zekelman

I haven't had any problems with the .33's either, except for one that
caught on fire. The bleeder was too close to the end and the cap arced
to it.

Alan
--
http://personalpages.bellsouth-dot-net/a/j/ajones18/index.html