Re: El Supremo

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

See below...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:28:44 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>
>
> Is this simply
> Higher volts equals more energy availabilty per bang so for given
> bang
> smaller C reqd hence higher freq operation
> Rgds
> Ted L in NZ

In El Supremo, the capacitance of C has nothing to do with the frequency
of operation (i.e., Fr or near-Fr of the secondary).  "C" and the
primary's L do not resonate: C's voltage polarity never changes, it only
exponentially declines in amplitude during each spark event.

Ken Herrick