RE: water filled tubing primary?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Transformer vendors do this *ALL* the time.  These use distilled water to
cool the coils under operation.
Why you would want to do it for a small tesla coil (you say 1/4" tubing
here) is beyond me.  Maybe if you
were building a gigantic tesla coil and needed a way to cool your primary
during long continuous runs, then this
might be a viable option, but I doubt the amateur would have the specialized
water / pumping equipment to perform this type of cooling.

Dan

Could you (in theory) use water filled (lets say, 1/4 inch) tubing for your
primary?  I was thinking that you could fill the tubing, cap it off, then
use
needles to puncture the tubing to get to the water and thats how you would
tap
it and charge it. I know this has lots of flaws in the idea, but, could it
be
done?
thanks
Adam