Re: Why no corona?

They do have corona loss... However, they also take efforts to reduce it by
increasing the effective diameter of the conductors by "bundling" multiple
conductors. That's when you see 2 or 4 wires as a group hanging from the
same insulator. This reduces corona and also has the useful effect of
reducing the inductance, as well.

They also use corona rings at junctions, etc.

In a substation, they use large diameter tubing as the bus conductors.