Re: Photoflash Caps

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Jimbo,

>  I need a "Very-Low ESR" capacitor that can take millions of
> repeated pulses. The voltage is not problematic (15vdc source, but
> rings up a bit).
What timeframe are we talking about? What current and what load etc. and
more importantly what application? Im sure we will be able to help you, but
a bit of additional info would be habdy!

>  You guys certainly seem to be the pulse cap experts. Am I
> incorrect in thinking a photoflash rated cap. should work if operated
> conservatively?
Not really - electrolytics tend to have a relatively high ESR.

Best Regards,

Jason
[UK Geek #1139 Rank G-2]
[HV / Tesla / Laser / Comp]