Re: EMI filtration Questions

> I issued  similar though much less specific questions on my orignal post.
> What are the goals?

> Mine are very practical.
> 1) Minimize destruction of home appliances
> 2) Minimize neighbor's irritation level

> I wonder if commerical filters

	What KIND of commercial filters?
	There are many.

> are of any real-world benefit at all.

	Some are, some aren't.
	What KIND?
	(roughly:
	The more expensive, the better they work....)

> I'm sure someone has studied this--scoped the AC mains,

> for example. I've never used a commerical filter so I don't know.
	Commercial filters will have specs, which can be

	consulted.  Usually designed for other freqs than

	those in coils.

> If these filters only remove a small fraction of the RF

> garbage,

	WHICH RF Garbage?

> what's the point?

	Those designed for PC PSUs, or as add ons for PCs
	are typically optimized for attenuating MHz and up,
	the +power+ from the TC system is at MHz and DOWN.
	Also, many TC Systems include (or should....)
	internal filtering to keep the RF from getting to
	the mains.

> They ARE cheap however, so the "Why not?" philosophy is plausible.

	Indeed.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...