Re: OLTC idea...

Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>

---- "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

> Hi Wells,
>
> I was originally thinking of having the primary caps as part of the
> inductive loop.  As it "turned out", the caps were brought outside
> the
> loop.  I was afraid that the cap being "part" of the 4500Amp primary
> may do
> something unforseen.  I don't "know" of anything bad, but I didn't
> want to
> take a chance and the thing sort of worked out to what it is now.
> I think
> Ken's coil may use this for his single loop primary?
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Terry

Terry,

Yeah, a little later on, I too thought about making a primary out of
a long string of MMC caps, but I thought that probably the L-field would
do wierd things to the complicated shapes of the little cap plates, like
maybe create eddy currents and concentrate a large current on a small
area of the plats, blowing the caps.

anyway, just musing.

cheers,

Wells Campbell