RE: New 4" Coil: MMC blows MMC Away??

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

The TDK caps you mention are strontium titanate doorknob (ceramic) caps.
The dielectric losses in such caps are surely higher than in suitable
polypropylene MMC caps, not to mention the temperature stability issue.  I
would doubt that the performance of the doorknob cap would be superior.
But aren't both multi-unit arrays of small (MMC) commercial units?

Gary Lau
MA, USA