RE: Question regarding NST Phasing . . .

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

This was a big issue for me (esp. because one leg on one NST was dead
and I did not know it...DOH).It made it nearly impossible for me to
figure out where I was going wrong.
Here is a link to a picture I made at the time when I was trying to
explain it to the list.
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/dualies1.jpg

What you need to do is get them phased by trying one wiring config (like
the one shown for example) and give it some current. If you get a wimpy
(or no) spark from the combined NST's then they are not phased properly.
In this case you would swap 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 BUT NOT BOTH!! Only on
one NST would you make any changes. Try it again and you should get a
good hot spark and then they will be good to go.

Hope this helps,
Jim L
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html