Re: Ground rod question

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

 > Hi Gary, All,
 >         Brine (salt + water) eats concrete as well as many metals. It also
 > kills tree roots, shrubs and grass. Burying in the dirt should be adequate.
 > I would use salt only as a very last resort if nothing else worked.
 > Matt D.

Gary,
  Matt is right, we only used a salt in certain applications that called
for it, but we used copper sulphate, not rock salt.
  So if you're going to tie all these ground rods together, you could
sprinkle some copper sulphate (pond weed killer) on a couple. It should
help and it won't eat the copper pipe.
Marc M.