Re: Ground Rods & Secondary Leads: How long is too long??

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Some people connect the bottom of the
secondary to the start of the inner
turn on the primary. I dunno if I
totally agree with that...(electrons
in the ground are much better than
borrowing from the tank!)

I plan on using some copper car battery
jumper cables cinched onto my strike
ring (which is also connected via #6 wire
to the bottom of the coil)

Then the car battery cables can clamp
onto a water pipe, ground rod, or my personal
favorite:
a pair of large screw in dog leash anchors,
with salt water poured around it. (it'll
kill the grass so be careful...)