Re: Is this Normal SRSG behavior?

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I've got a RC filter on there, (similar to the
design credited to Terry) so I doubt
that the NST's own output is going to kill
itself with that circuit.

I just think the electrodes are too close
together, since it can arc well before and
after the electrodes are perfectly lined up,
when running >50%.

This will probably lead to more than 240bps
that it's designed for -- and behave more like
a static spark gap.

I set them so that the arcing occurs when
the variac is set to 40/120 (1/3) so, off
a 15KV NST this is about 5000 volts.
(The sparks between the electrodes are
very weak at this point.)

I guess I'll have to back out the stationary
electrodes so that it only fires when the
voltage is 15Kv...

Good thing I made it entirely adjustable.
(phase too!)