Re: WinTesla Equations Version 5.5

Hi Dr. R.,

No, I haven't performed this test in a controlled manner. These are just
sphere-sphere equations which I think will model your 1/2" rounded end
tungsten electrodes pretty well (just because I think it will, doesn't
mean it will). There will obviously be some variance based on barometric
pressure, altitude, surface variations, etc.. I have conducted various
test at different times, but not as a controlled test as you are
planning. The equations have worked well for me with actual sphere gaps
which worked out around 23 to 24 kv/cm. It will be interesting to see
how you come out. I don't know the pressure at the time of any of my
various tests, but I'm in the range of 100 to 150 ft above sea level. I
think your upcoming results will prove very useful.

Take care,
Bart