Re: MMC Caps

Original poster: "John Dyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jd-at-dyerelectric-dot-com>

I have had experience with those 10 string caps from Geek Group.  I just
blew my third capacitor.  It almost always occurs when I am pulling a white
streamer to ground, and hence the most current.  Heating is the problem.  In
my 15kv 90 ma coil, I use two strings of 14, and have had no failures.  The
single strings seems, like one nomograph I did said, unreliable...  Perhaps
I ask too much, or as Duck said have tuning problems

That said, they are still the best and most supported product you can use.
You can get more anecdotal data on them, and real use suggestions than most
others!  Run light and tune well if you use one string.

John Dyer

www.johndyer-dot-com