Re: Another capacitive transformer

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

> Antonio,
> What definition of Q are you using- would it be XL / XR or something else?
> Since I do not yet know Q of my coils (they are smaller than the inductors
> you are using)
> would it not be a good idea for me to use a variable Rb -possibly with
> switched timing caps?

Q=XL/Rseries. Rseries includes the output resistance of the "pinger",
that must be low enough to be much smaller that XL=2*pi*f*L.
For just the pinger function, fixed results are enough. But it's
interesting to see what happens if you change the frequency of the
high/low ratio of the timer.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz