Video link / Re: Wrong Welder?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <network-at-neXband-dot-com>

Hey Greg Hunter, all
   I tried my welder to make sure that it does work.  It welded great so
if all else fails, I have a good stick welder to add to my tool
colection.  Just for testing, I hooked my pig up to the 240v from the
100amp breaker(yikes).  Man was I nervous about doing this.  There will be
a link to a video I shot yesterday of my pig with me pulling an arc.  VERY
strong when wired straight.  When I try to ballast using the welder, I
just disconnected one leg of the 240v from the pig and wire it to the 240v
plug on the welder.  The other side of the plug was wired back to the pig.
   I'll have to check the plate and make sure about the wiring like you
mentioned.  Ya just never know!
Just in case this link comes through wrong, copy and paste the area
starting with the first http and end with the first AVI.  For some reason
it seems that the forum double copies links.
I'm guessing that I have the right LV terminals being that it throws such
a massive arc when wired without a ballast.  Let me know what you think.
http://user.intop-dot-net/~network/videos/arc.AVI

Thanks again,
Gregg Adams