Re: Non ballasting a pig?

Hi Jason,

I'm not trying to call you a risk taker. Sounds like you have a lot of
good protection installed. Sorry if I came across that way. John C. just
posted an interesting point about power service which adds to the mix
and may explain some of the differences as based upon our own
experiences. Good points on all sides I think. I agree that there may be
situations where it is not necessary and situations where it is. If I
give this type of advice to a coiler, I will still be on the side of
safety in the form of current limiting as best protection, however, I
may not use the word "must" any longer. None of us would want to say
"nope, don't need it" and have the poor sole burn down his/her house or
worse. It discussions like these that will lead us to the best possible
answer to these questions and hopefully will be refined with each
discussion.

Best regards,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>