Re: Where to get PDT?

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hello,
 I know many replies are leading you toward the use of microwave oven
transformers, but i will try to answer your question at hand.
 In russia with the economy rolling into a new age there must be
industrial complexes that have been shut down? These are prime places to
find pole transformers, I'm not sure how the electrical distribution
company works over there, but if a plant is "dead" electrically, then
chances are good that you could aquire a few pigs for the cost of the
equipment and manpower to remove them?
 Another idea would be to try to find out where the transformers are
sent for reconditioning, this outfit should have more then a few on the
shelf ready to go.
 Last but not least would be to find an old industrial plant that has
been idle for so many years that it has seen scavenging beyond the
lighter side. (all copper stripped, ect) then look in the main power
connection cabinets (usually within a fenced in area) to try to find a
nice potential transformer or two. JUST REMEMBER TO CONSTRUCT A GROUND
STICK WITH HEAVY WELDING CABLE CONNECTED TO A HEAVY HOOK AT THE END OF A
LONG WOODEN STICK AND THE OTHER END OF THE CABLE CONNECTED TO A GOOD
GROUND!
 Always check any connections with this unit, AND look away while
touching it to buss work or wires!!!
 I don't condone theft, but with the present russian economy i'm sure
many plants are in ruin?
Take extreme care,
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "=?koi8-r?B?98nL1M/S?= by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <henergy-at-mail.ru>