Re: counterpoise

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> > Well, according to dwp, a finger tip is an adequate ground,
>
>         ????
>         When did i say that?
>         IIR, i have generally suggested better rather than
>         lesser ground....

I said this. In a low power test recently I observed that just touching
the ground connection of the secondary was enough to produce the
correct waveforms. The impedance to true ground of the ground connection
has only to be significantly lower than the reactance of the secondary
capacitance at the operating frequency. In my coiling experiments
I use a metal bucket as ground. Of course, lower impedance is safer,
but simpler capacitive counterpoises work well too.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz