Higher Pri. Voltage

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi Guys,

This afternoon after church, I got a bug to go thru the archives, looking up
everything on bombarders.  (No reason, something I wanted to check out.)  Any
way, logic would dictate that the higher output voltage of these transformers,
in addition to the higher ma rating, would actually be an improvement over a
pole pig, open frame design not-with-standing.  I couldn't find an answer to
that specific question.  Granted, lower Kv trans with high ma ratings seem to
provide more streamer output than higher Kv and lower ma units, but at what
point does one see the advantage of having the high (25Kv plus) voltage rating
of these transformers?

Thanks,
John Richardson