Re: MY FIRST TESLA!!

Hi Danny,

Cool isn't it!!!!

The primary coil and cap have to be tuned to the same natural frequency as your
secondary coil and top load.  A little hard to do by trial and error but you
hit it with your caution tape capacitor ;-))

Your primary would be better if made from a loop of bare copper 1/4 inch tubing
or bare wire where you could easily tap it at any point you wanted.  Then you
would be able to adjust the primary coil to match the secondary frequency very
easily just by moving the connection point around at will.  You would then not
be so dependant on getting the capacitor size "just right" but you would also
have the primary coil tap position as another adjustment.  I think that may
make getting you coil to spark with many different capacitors far easier.

Cheers,

        Terry