Re: Are these maxwell caps OK?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/10/02 6:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am interested in buying Dan's maxwell caps. The specs can be found
> at:
>
> http://www.alltronics-dot-com/download/20P005.pdf
>
> I'm worried about the maximum voltage reversal of only 50%. Are these
> caps OK for tesla coil use? Other than that, they look pretty good
> with their 25kA max current rating.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Greg.

Greg,

I bought two of these last year.  I am also concerned about the voltage
rating.  I have not used them but when I do, it will be with two in series with
a 14 or 15 kv power supply.  If anyone has used these I would be interested in
the details - especially if any have failed.

Ed Sonderman