Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> >You guys are getting way too technical and "nitsy gritsy" with this
contest.
> >Just build your coils and lets see
> >what you can come up with.
> >
> >At this point, if it were up to me, I'd throw out all the rules and just
> >compare what everyone is getting
> >with their 4kV,20mA transformer.
> >
> >Dan
>
> Dan, that would be tantamount to asking us to remove our shirt-pocket
> collection of pens and pencils (calculators?). It just isn't in the
> engineer nature to make things simple.
>
> Gregory

"Good" engineers design things that are simple, while "bad" engineers
build things so complex and difficult that in the end the reliability and
producibility of the thing in question suffers greatly.

Dan