Re: The Truth? Was RE: Sci-Fi Channel - In Search of - Tesla DeathRays!!!

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ken Stevens by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<bluewaterdiver-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> Don't get me wrong. I wasn't condoning or condemning their view of it,
> just giving a play by play.
>
> I think Mr. Powers took a missile up the pipe myself!
>
> I do really believe that history's view is sadly misaligned though. If
> you ask any child in school who invented the electricity we use today
> you'll probably get Edison or Franklin. I never even heard about Tesla
> till Science classes.

	I guess it all depends on your definition of "the electricity we use
today".  We use single-phase AC in our homes and that definitely
predates Tesla's work; he didn't invent it.  He pioneered (but probably
didn't exactly invent) the use of three-phase for distribution and
operation of large motors.  He did invent the single-phase induction
motor in such common use today, and sure invented PRACTICAL three-phase
motors.

> Over the past couple of years I have been doing a lot of reading into
> Tesla's inventions and contributions. I realize my view may be
> subjective, but I personally think the man got a raw deal from
> Westinghouse and the Govt.
>
> But, that's my opinion.
>
> Ken Stevens

Ed