Re: Building a 4"

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Jeremy,

Using the telephone is very poor scrounging technique.
And $150 for a new 15/60 NST is just too painful when a
little skillful schmoozing will get you all the NSTs you want,
often for free or maybe 25-30 bucks. Go to the neon shop
and talk to the owner. Let him see that you are responsible
and not likely to sue him. Use the back door so you get past the gum
chewing receptionist. The neon shops are always taking in used NSTs
in good condition. I get all I want for free. I give the guy a few
bucks for his time and trouble. You can also find an occasional used
motor-run capacitor that they used for PF correction on larger installations.
They may also have short lengths of HV wire that are perfect for coiling
connections.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman