RE: Ground system for outside operation: Counterpoise?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I have used a number of different grounds set-ups thus far to see if i can
improve performance on my coil, and thus
far, no grounding system has significantly improved coil performance, and no
grounding system has been proven to significantly produce more RF
interference over the other.

Just use the simple ground rod and you'll be fine.

Dan

While a single six foot rod will make the coil work fine, it probably
does no good to the levels of RF interference created. Who cares? We
all should. It is our responsibility not to cause interference and
upset the general public. We don't want this hobby being outlawed. I
am all for using a decent ground for my coil.

Cheers,
Greg.