Re: DSL-Diode Spark Gap Logic

Original poster: "B2 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bensonbd-at-boo-dot-net>

Hi JImmy, All,

> could you use slow diodes so the spark gap only has to conduct for the first
> half cycle?
>>
> > JImmy

1N5408 are pretty slow as far as I know.  The only way that I can think of
to "Quench" the gap would be to replace the spark gap with an SCR or IGBT
chain.  There are commercial companies that sell pulsers using this
principle.  I have seen advertised voltages up to 30 kV.

Cheers,
Barry