Re: Ground system for outside operation: Counterpoise?

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>

> Why bother?  Just get a six foot grounding rod from
> your local Home Depot,
> pound it into the ground, and attach a thick braided
> wire from it to your RF
> ground on the tesla's secondary.  No need for fancy
> or heavy grounds.

I've found that to be true in my work as well.

> Sure,
> a lot of people on this group think you need some
> serious ground with
> serious ribbon type grounding cable,

Yeah.  I think that myth got started in the early to
mid 90's...judging by some of the stuff I've read from
the Richard Quick archives.  A lot of coiling myths
were propagated in that era and have apparently
carried over into modern times, even though recent
research shows otherwise, old traditions die hard.

-Brett