RE: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Such a scheme was not the intent for the competition, but it would be
interesting to see what is possible to achieve!

But, you raise a good point that should be specified.  The "normal" mode of
operation for a table top Tesla Coil is to produce what appears to be a
continuous discharge.  To be fair, I think we all have to operate in this
mode.  I don't want to try to specify a minimum BPS, especially since
that's a non-trivial measurement to make.  As long as each bang is close
enough to its predecessor that their streamers largely coincide.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA