Re: is it useable?

> Hi Poobear,
>  From the looks of the core size on that puppy, It could be good for 30+
> amp even? It's hard to see the internal windings on such a beast, Are
> you sure it isn't flat wire wound?

>  Anyway, I would use it as the main coiling line voltage starting point
> in your lab, Wire dedicated terminal strips off of the output from this
> transformer and always plug your coiling activities into these. This
> would isolate any kickback trash from entering the line voltage to the
> house or garage.

	Isolate, agreed.
	'any' is a bit strong.  Isolation transformers, except
	as below, have an amount of interwinding capacitance.
	This leads to HF/RF (EMI) coupling via this capacitance.
	The conventional isolation transformer is designed for
	'dc' and '60 Hz'(ish) isolation.

	Serious Work uses special transformers, with added
	shielding isolating the load side from the line side.
	Those I have seen are specifically marked.

	I am NOT proposing it not be used.  However
	understanding what can be expected is commonly helpful.

> I use a huge filter but i want to upgrade to a nice iso.

> transformer like this soon.

	I'd use both, unless the isolation transformer is
	is also shielded...

>  great find,

	Indeed...

--