RE: Halloween Coiling and the FCC

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Mark,
Yes, very good points. In other words: How do the results of such test
results predict real world interference problems?

Has anyone done a spectral analysis of a coils output?
Dave

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Dave,

A good question might be, what were the results?  Was it an increase of
background noise at a particular frequecy since there is no modulation to
the signal?  Were these results obtained by pointing a beam antenna at the
source, thereby implementing gain in the equation?

The point is that even though it could be detected, was it something a
"normal" person would notice on say their TV or radio?  I couid point a
pickup someone keying their 10mW 2 meter radio 20 miles away but would it
mean anything?

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX