Re: Faraday cage

>>It sure would be cheaper and easier than building a

>>faraday cage.

> A couple of questions:

> If you took chicken wire and enclosed all 6 sides of

> your spark gap would it be considered a faraday cage?

	Yes.
	IF the edges are joined. (bonded).
	To be most effective, the leads thru the cage wall
	need some sort of filtering.  I would recommend
	enclosing the _motor_ (if motorized) and
	filtering THOSE leads as well.

> Is a faraday cage supposed to be isolated from ground or grounded?
	Yes.

	8)>>

	Speaking as one  who has engineered (and debugged) such:
		The physics are: it makes no difference.
	Practically, its usually easier to ground it, and has
	marginal safety improvements.

--
	best
	dwp