dazed and confused.

Original poster: "Cajun Coiler by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

Ok, I'm getting a bit confused here, as to properly designing a tank
circuit...  When I query WinTesla about my NST (15/30), it says I should
use a capacitor of .0053uF.  However, when I plug that value into the
section for figuring the primary, it only matches up with that capacitance
when there is like 38 turns (1/4" copper tubing, flat spiral).  Yet, most
of the systems I see using this size NST, and this primary material, have
somewhere between 6 and 16 turns on the primary.  What am I missing?
Someone please let me in on this secret quickly, as I can almost HEAR my
IQ level dropping from the confusion.

---
C.L. Mayeux
Owner, MSB Data Systems