Re: Wire-wound resistors as dummy test load

Original poster: "Richard W. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

List,

Got it. :) This is interesting.
I have 43 50 watt 50K Dale aluminum power resistors. 2 chains of 20 could
theoritically handle 15Kv -at- 30ma for load testing. That calculates to 750
volts at 30ma disspating 22.5 watts each.

I'm a bit leary of trying it though.

The following is vague but...
I don't believe these are good for HV apllications. And I think they're
rated for 600v anyway. I've heard the end caps can blow off.

Rick W.