tesla coil grounding

Original poster: "george hadle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ckreol1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

several questions.
I have a mosfet driven (protected and enhanced by
schottky 1206d 's) primary coil of about twenty turns
of 22 gauge bare copper wire.  A secondary with fres
of 333 khz.  I have a small heat sink on the fet which
gets hot; several watts.  when conncting scope leads
(inductively and directly) to the secondary it is a
standard rlc ringdown w.f. It is tuned pretty
precisely. I want to know if the fact that its not
grounded preventing the existence of an rf envelope
looking w.f.  I tried varying the coupling.  Why no
energy exchange between pri and sec??  It's driven by
a cmos sq wave oscillator.  I know I need to get
higher current to charge the  fet quickly
thanks
george