RE: F A N T C !!! THE NEXT GENERATION TESLA COIL - ONLINE - PROGRAM (not a calcutor)

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

For coilers who want to compare the JHCTES program with the FANTC program
default examples (3) enter the following into the secondary inputs of the
JHCTES program

   Sec Rad   = 11.623 inches (.295 meters)
   Sec Turns = 356
   Turns per inch = 11.29 (356/31.52)

Click Calculate
   Sec Hgt   = 31.52 inches (0.8 meters)

                JHCTES     FANTC    tssp

Res Freq Khz   150.68    151.55    150.7
Ind Ldc mh      40.77     40.90     -
Cap Ces         27.36     27.04*    -
(*) Calculated using 151.55 Khz and 40.90 mh
FANTC computing time 48.2 secs. (IE6 browser)

FANTC is a great program that uses advanced calculating methods to find many
TC parameters more accurately then ever before posssible. The program
includes many more TC parameters than presently available programs. For
coilers interested in playing with the "what if" conditions the FANT program
offers a myriad of design possibilities.

The FANT program does not coordinate the TC parameters to keep them always
in tune which is the main feature of the JHCTES and other similar programs.
The JHCTES was the first TC computer program to offer this feature. The
first versions were not very user friendly and caused the coiler to say that
the program "threw out" their designs when the designs were not in tune.
Later versions were more friendly and used only select inputs so that the
user could not enter conflicting inputs that gave an untuned design.

The main weaknesses in todays TC programs are the mutual inductance and
coupling factor parameters. Present programs do not appear to agree very
closely with tests when more than one type of test is used for comparison.
The FANT program may help rectify this problem. Much more testing and
calculation work is required along these lines.

John Couture