mathmatically challenged

Original poster: "Thad Howard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <thoward-at-nhm-dot-org>

Greetings List,

I need help with formulas.  I have made a couple of coils, and now I am
trying to understand what I've done, and hopefully see where I have made
mistakes.

I'm having problems with  Xc = 1 / 2piFL, is F line frequency or res?
Same question for the inductive reactance formula.

My main problem is the resonant frequency formula, 4pi^F^LC=1, F= 1 /
2piSQRTLC. What is F in the first part?
I'm trying to give specs to my secondary, so far I have:
C=11.7pF, is this .0000000000117 F? or am I on another planet? toroid is
and additional 30pF
L=37.2mH, is this .0372H ?
Can anyone please describe these formulas to me or direct me to a good
site?

Thanks for your Help

Thad Howard