Re: First light...Mixed Emotions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/18/02 1:26:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I don't think you will need to raze it far just
>and inch or 3. If to have a platter coil, flatten it till the bad bad
>beasties go away.

I definitely would not raze a coil unless I was extremely frustrated,
although I might raise it to improve performance and stop racing sparks.

raze\vt\ to tear down, to destroy.
raise \vt\ to elevate, to build up.

Mutilation of the language is annoying to senior citizens who learned to
spell and care about clear communication, but it can be extremely confusing
to those on the list for whom English is a second, third, or fourth
language. This particular malapropism was perhaps humorous, but the next
one could be as serious as a mistake in a wiring diagram. Taking a few more
seconds to make sure you wrote what you really meant is a real courtesy. It
shows respect for your readers.

Old Grump
Matt D.