VTTC Penta PL-185/527A Radar Pulse tube

Original poster: "August Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kg7bz-at-kg7bz-dot-com>

Hello,

    I've been off the list for several years, finally think I have the time
to get back to some interesting stuff. Several years ago I picked up this
real neat NOS Radar Pulse tube.  It's a Penta Labs PL-185, the same as the
Eimac 527A.  I've often wondered if I could use it for a tube coil, but I've
been unable to find any information on it.  The one thing I do know is that
the filament current is in the 100's of amps!

Here's a picture of it:
http://www.kg7bz-dot-com/images/pl-185.jpg

The two terminals on each side are the grid and the one in the rear is the
plate.  This tube has never been connected to anything, I'd love to know
more (anything!) about it's characteristics if anyone knows something about
it.

August Johnson
KG7BZ
kg7bz-at-kg7bz-dot-com