adjusting the resonance frequency

Original poster: "Hofer Tobias by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tobias.hofer-at-bluewin.ch>

hello to all

i was wondering what's the best way to adjust the prim. and
sec. coil on its resonants frequency.
some time ago i made a small tesla coil (100W) to make some test.

to adjust it's fres i took the sec. coil with the torroid. then i fed a
sine wave
from my sine wave generator into the lower end of the coil. with a flying
probe connected to  my osci i meausured the frequency at max. voltage.

then i took the prim. ciruit and made the same. to adjust it to the same
fres.
it worked well.

but if i assemble the whole system then i have some other capacitance.
(influence from the primary circuit to the sec.)
and it depends also from where i put the tesla coil.(diffrent capacitance
to wall, other groundig...)
my resonant frequency can not be the same than before.
maybe there is now a differing between the primary and secondary resonance
freqeuncy.

have some body other "system" to adjust the fres?
maybe there is a possiblity to coupling the sine wave in the primary
circuit (complete coil)
and then to adjust the whole system together?
has some body experience with such a proceed?

thanks tobias

sorry for my bad english:)