From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 10:02 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Sync motor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

I am looking for an 1,800 rpm salient pole synchronous motor.  60 hz,
120
volt in the 1/5 to 1/4 H.P. range.  I tried C & H Sales, MECI and USA
Mfg.  I
found one at C & H (stock # ACM2200) that looks good except I can't tell
if
it is salient pole or not.  It only says constant speed.  It is also
only
1/25 H.P.  Might it work for a small sync gap with maybe a 6.0" diameter
rotor?

Does anyone know of a source for the motor that I am looking for?  Or,
does
anyone have such a motor for sale?

Thanks, Ed Sonderman