Re: VTTC question

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: VTTC question
>Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:54:50 -0700
>
>Original poster: "James by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><mustang3-at-cox-dot-net>
>
>Hi Greg,
>     The 250th is a high mu (conductance) tube a little harder to tune. The
>250TL would be your first choice. These toobs are good for 4000V. with 250
>watts of anode dissipation. The only problem is these toobs are old. You
>will need to bring the voltage up slowly and look for the dreaded "blue glow
>of death" that our valves get from time to time. Usually caused by overload
>and overheating. Some of the anode vaporizes and this makes the toob gassy.
>Have fun. 304TL's and sockets can be found on ebay from time to
Hey!  I just made a 304TL VTTC.  Im awaiting doubler caps in the mail, but
im already getting 13" of spark!  I already like the 304TL, it seems well
behaved, and is was very clear when i had the primary tuned correctly.  Im
really upset the the second tube that was sent to me was damaged from the
USPS.  The box arrived split open, but the tubes looked ok.  Then later i
find that one of the tubes has a damaged fil.  Oh well, the tubes were
free, but i still feel like i lost a lot.  But so far this coil has been
lots of fun, and the doubler will really kick up the performance!

Greg, good luck with the 250TH or TL !  By the way, the 304TL is rated
3000v 900ma, so far, ive only fed the tube about 2/3 of that !

time. The

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/junkmail