Re: Fair Radio 100KV Caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/10/02 10:03:16 AM Central Standard Time, FutureT writes:

David,

Yes, they are mylar caps filled with a viscous oil, possibly castor oil.
They are no good. I thot the thing would be bullet proof but it quickly
cracked open and bled its guts out all over my bench. A mess. I switched to
the GE 42L snubbers which have given good service. My prediction is that you
will
soon get a chance to dismantle the one you say is already growing a warm spot.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman