Transformerless-excited Capactive TC -it actually works!

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Dear List,
I have conducted experiment using a transformerless TC to excite a
capacitive transformer TC.
L2 was 40-50 turns on plastic film can 1.264472441 inches in diameter
giving Av somewhere between 12.52 and 9.52 if it were optimally tuned with
appropriately sized influence ring (C2) -which it is not!
Still the voltages on the ring and on the topload are higher than with the
original capacitive transformer (i.e. I am getting bigger sparks from them)
so it can't be all wrong!)

Jolyon