mini coil rivals!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, i just received my france 4020se transformer, and i have good news!
With all of the shunts i was only getting about 6".  But i removed half
(like the rules said, half on top, half on bottom), and ive gotten repeated
(every 5 seconds or so) 11" arcs point to point.  And i often get 12"!  I
think this beats both Gary Lau and Dan M.  This is also, my lashup stage!
Here are the specs:

4kv ~38ma France NST

single static gap from 1" copper pipe.  I think about .04 -.05".

8 turn primary from 1/4 " tube.  Tapped at i think 6 turns.

Large MMC, set at .019uf.  My MMC is from a large coil, but its great
because i can tap at about 10 different values!

2.375" x 14" winding of 28awg on PVC.

2 toroids.  1 is 6"x1.25".  Other on top is 10"x 2.75" metal elbow joints.

I use a breakout thats a pair of scissors. I think that my large toroid
really helps.  It looks funny, but with only the small toroid, i got like
7". The target is an extra toroid on some boxes set 11-12" away from very
tip of breakout.  With a variac, i can get up to 14".  Also, i did not take
the 12" hit with the variac, it was plugged in directly to the outlet. I
did not perform the 5 minute run yet, but i feel confident!  I think it
will work better when its all wired better.  Im using test leads that look
like 18awg, and are really long!  Ill probably have it done by
tonight!  Cant wait.  Back to work. I need some pics too.

Steve Ward.