making a 4pack mot

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello all
To Tim Johnson and Greg Hunter

This weekend I set up to run my 12/120 coil. I turned up the power and the
coil when dead. After diagnosing the problem I found that one of my two
12/60 NST's was acting up. I took it to the basement and set it up for
testing. When I turned on it crackled and smoked. Yup it's dead.

So now I have 1 good NST and 4 fat MOT's that I gathered to make a MOT PSU.
I guess the burnt NST is good excuse to finally complete the MOT supply.

I've asked you both questions about MOT's and slide choke ballasts, and
with your help I constructed the slide choke (Though I haven't tested it)
and collected proper MOT's. I'll wire up the MOT's soon but I'm confused
about two things. All 4 of my MOT's have an additional winding around the
primary what is to be dun with this? Ignore it? Remove it? And the
secondaries have one free connection and one connected to the core. The
connection to the core should be disconnected, correct?

Read you later
Josh

http://resourcecenter.msn-dot-com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp